Re: Merging copper tubing for Primaries

Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>

On Sun, 04 Feb 2001 12:25:37 -0700, you wrote:

>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
>Hi Bart Mc.,
>
>You need to keep the torch pretty upright when using it.  If you tilt it
>much (especially with a new tank of gas), the liquid gas may shoot out
>instead of the vapor which causes a bit of excitement.  Maybe that's all it
>was.
>
>If you do get another one, I can recommend the electronic start torch heads
>from Benzomatic.  You just pull the trigger (or let it go in a hurry) to
>control the on-off function.  Extremely nice tools to use and darn tough.
>However, I think they will be the most expensive...
I have one which has a small loop pipe in the gas feed that passes
through the edge of the flame - this guarantees that once warm, the
gas vaporises, and so can be used at any angle without flaring. Very
powerful when run on 'eleven', and can be used for light brazing
(Wickes brand in the UK I'm sure you can get similar ones elsewhere -
wans't very expensive).