Re: java script calculator for tesla coils

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Sparky,

There are 2 or 3 java calculators out there. JavaTC identifies the resonant cap
size for the transformer by 1/(2piZ*Hz) for Cp . However, this is for reference
as noted. Typically the cap is a fixed value (by what we buy or build and the
actual measured capacitance). I think most TC's use smaller or larger than
resonant sized caps on average.

If your talking about a PFC cap, then JavaTC uses
(ratedW)/(2pi*Hz*ratedVin^2). A note about this calc for PFC usage is that the
actual "systems" needed PFC value will change depending on all the components
in the system (it will get you close, but probably won't be exact).

Take care,
Bart