Sword-like VTTC spark pix at my website

All,

I've posted a couple photos of the straight swordlike sparks from my
staccato VTTC at my tube coil webpage at:

    http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page2.html

The sparks look the same by eye as in the photo, except for a
slight undulating of the spark, and of course pulsing, if the pulse
rate is slowed down.

The coil secondary is 3" by 12", topped with a 6" toroid.  The
tubes are (2)  833A.  Powered by an MOT with shunts removed,
and Dave Sharpe's level shifter circuit.  Max spark length is 24",
but I have it turned down to about 21" in the photo.  The spark
tends to dart around a little at higher powers, making it hard to
photograph.  At faster pulse rates, the sparks take on the normal
torch like VTTC appearance.

John Freau