Re: Sword-like VTTC spark pix at my website

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

john,
i also say "great pic"
i want to extend some of hans's questions here.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Hans Scholze by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <hanscs-at-eagle.ptialaska-dot-net>

> John,
>
> That is really neat!  If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a few questions
> about your setup.  When you say the coil is pulsed, would that be similar a
> 120 bps gap in a disruptive coil, or are you using much lower or higher
> pulse rates?  Looking at the pictures, I would think that the dimple in the
> top of the e-field of the torid combined with the breakout point caused the
> sparks to be perfectly vertical.

i notice in both pictures that there seems to be a form of cloud around
and extending from the sides of the toroid. are these evident in looking
at the coil with the eye? it is interesting that they are seen in the
lighted background pic also, from the looks of it they seem to "twist"
slightly, almost like an ion cloud or like a vortices coming from the
trailing edge of a plane in hard climb?
very interesting.
marc

  Is this correct, and if so can the effect