Re: Then I guess this doesn't count either....*

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

For what it's worth, some comments added below.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<davep-at-quik-dot-com>

> > Why do most electrical engineers have this sort of arrogant pridefull thing
> > about giving any credit to Nicola Tesla for being way ahead of his time,
> > understanding things then that we are just beginning to understand now?

	Most recently-educated electrical engineers have never heard of Tesla,
and neither have their teachers.  When I attended EE school back around
1942-1945 Tesla was indeed known and recognized for his three-phase
power systems and signle-phase induction motors, his most important
contributions to modern living.  The Tesla coil was treated, properly in
my opinion, as an interesting curiosity and source of good clean
entertainment.

>         The IEE formally honored Tesal as part of the century of electric
>         light.

	Indeed it did!  His peers honored him for what he accomplished.

Check there pub;lications.

> > I believe that Nicola Tesla envisioned things which are still far ahead of
> > our present technology, why is that so gall darn hard for some to accept?

	I'm not aware of anyone who denies Tesla's imaginative visions; they
are well documented for study and analysis.  Envisioning things is one
thing, bringing them to practice is another.  The imagination need not
be governed by the laws of nature, but working systems/devices are.

>         Perhaps because some of us understand electrical and electronic
>         technology, and have read Teslas's writings.  We can see what he
>         knew and what he guiessed.  Sometimes the guesses were right,
>         sometimes they were less so.  Many people have writ much about
>         Tesla.  Some matches what he wrote, some....
>
>         best
>         dwp

	Admiring the good doctor is fine, but worshipping him blindly is quite
another thing.

Ed