Re: Capacitance

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Matt.  Figuring about 800 to 1000pf per bottle, and all of them
connected in series it would seem that you would need about six bottles,
give or take a bottle to approach your desired capacitance. There can be
a lot of variables involved with bottle caps but they work well, and are
fairly consistent in capacitance value when properly made.   Al.

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 13:51:12 -0700 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>
>
> In a message dated 2/11/01 12:16:13 PM Central Standard Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>
> << Hi, is there anyway to measure capacitnce of something using a
> DMM?Anyone
>  know how many 1leter bottles would be needed for .005uF?
>
>  thanx,
>  matt >>
>
> there are many inexpensive handheld meters that will do a fine job
> measuring
> capacitance. check out Tektronix and Fluke.
>
> I thought your metaphysical piece was very nice. Thanks.
>
> Happy day,
> Ralph Zekelman

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.