Re: VTTC output

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

John Freau wrote:

> I made a mistake the other day and forgot what my plate voltage
> was.

John,

Never mind. I'm in the ball park  :-)

>  But the secondary may benefit if it used thicker wire?
- The wire of 120 turns at the lower part of the coil is a little bit
thicker already.

>  IT would need to be physically bigger to obtain the proper
frequency to tune with the primary though.
- If it was bigger and the impedance was higher I could have used
more tank C which leads to a higher circulating current. The way to
go.

> I plan to build a new tube coil using thicker wire on the secondary
> and see if it's any better than my old thin wire secondary.
- I'd like to know the results. Good luck!

Regards,

Herwig