Re: LTR Pig continues

Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Maybe if you got an inner tube from a tractor tire or something similar and
inflated it to the desired size, covered it with duct tape and inflated it
some more, them finished off with Al tape. The duct tape should allow you to
get a fair amount of pressure in there in order to keep it somewhat stiff.
The Al tape should be able to be smoothed out to give a nice smooth surface.
If you don't want to use the inner tube I think that others on the list have
used chicken wire or mesh to build large toroids that were quite successful.
This wouldn't be exactly smooth but the larger the toroid the less smooth it
has to be for a given voltage compared to a small toroid, and you can always
make a bigger toroid if you have to because of it not being smooth.