Re: VTTC output

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> VTTCs employ power oscillators with relatively tight internal
> coupling. They are operated in C mode mostly and are SELF
> REGULATING. So if you changed e.g. the coupling between
> primary and secondary the oscillator changes its Q point. And this
> may change the output power and lead to wrong conclusions.
> Obviously there are lots of nonlinearities and mutual influences.

	Correct.  A correctly designed power oscillator has enough, and only
enough, feedback to drive the grid to the correct current for maximum
power output.  When you have gotten everything tuned right, you will
have achieved that condition.  Only problem is how to get to that
optimum tuning, particularly when dealing with a non-linear and reactive
load.  Good luck!

> These are my 2 cents and critics are welcome of course.
>
> >  Bottom line is that educated cut and try is probably the only
> practical way to go.
> - That's a clear word, Ed.
>
> Regards,
>
> Herwig