Re: tuned coils

Original poster: "Drew Murray by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <drewallmighty-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Robert,
I have about a years experience with TCs and i have heard much on the
transmitting recieving bit. All i have heard is that you can do something
with an old satalite dish or a cooking wok to "focus the energy. I have
never tried this but in theory it should work. I have also heard that
vacuume tube tesla coils are excelent transmitters as small ones can light
up a luminous tube at greater distances than most medium sized TCs. They are
supposed to produce a lot of RF. Something was mentioned about not touching
metal objects while the VTTC is operating as they may give you a shock or rf
burns. this also supports the VTTC is a better transmitter theory. I assume
that you know about big toploads to transmit, right?
Anyway, i wish you luck and let me know about your progression on this
project.
                                                          Ciya,
                                                     Drew Murray