Re: S.s. info...re: differing secondaries

Original poster: "R.E.Burnett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <R.E.Burnett-at-newcastle.ac.uk>

Hi Ken,

Thanks for putting our minds at rest ;-)

I was going to post you a question asking how you ensure that your driver
locks on to the "Fundamental" of your resonator and not one of the higher
"Harmonics" of the resonator.

I guess your phase adjustment circuit performs a similar function to the
tuned grid used by the tube guys ???   Does this ensure that the
oscillator does not accidentally start at 3xF instead of the fundamental
frequency ???

Sorry for all the questions,  but I'm thinking of converting my SSTC so
that it uses the primary current as the reference to switch the FETs.

							Cheers,

							-Richie Burnett,

> Original poster: "Kennan C Herrick by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>