Re: beginner's coil?

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mike Wood by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<mike.wood-at-opennw-dot-com>

> Hi
>
> I've just got interested in tesla coiling (I like making stuff!) and I'm
> kind of in the finding-out phase.  I wondered if anyone had any good plans
> maybe suitable for a first coil?  I've been trailing round on the net and I
> keep finding pages with pictures of 12' high secondaries and that kind of
> thing - that's pretty cool but maybe not for my first try!
>
> I managed to get hold of a 15kV neon supply.  Will this make a good supply
> for my coil?

snippperzzz...

Hi Mike ..

keep on finding more pages and read read read..

when starting off in coiling, there are a few practicle ideas to follow.

learn as much as you can about others failures
start small
ask alot of questions here
be prepared to do alot of spending ( money ;) )
be extremely careful around hi voltage
be prepared for your coil not to work the first few times ( and very time
you make a major change)
understand what EXACTLY what resonant circuits are

to save yourself some heart ache ..  make a MMC style capacitor
consider using OBIT's as your transformer if you have problems obtaining NST's.

check out my web page ( it is designed for begginers :)  )
www.members.telocity-dot-com/~bigfoo39/

Scot D