High Voltage Museums (was Does it matter which way i wind my secondary?)

Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:05:40 -0700, you wrote:

>Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

>> Really, your argument makes sense, and looking at a paper (1936)
>> describing the big Roud Hill double Van de Graaff generator I see that
>> the maximum voltage was higher at the negative terminal (2.7 MV x
>> 2.4 MV), meaning that breakout was easier at the positive terminal.
>
>	Anyone visiting Boston should make an effort to see the high-voltage
>demonstration at the  Boston Museum of Science, where half of the Round
>Hill generator is operated for the amazement of visitors.  Got a chance
>to see it about a year ago, and it sure was worth the trouble to get
>there.  Had quite an array of Tesla Coils running at the same time.

Has anyone compiled a worldwide list of museums featuring TCs and
other HV demos ? If not, how about maintaining a list at pupman-dot-com -
I'm sure if every list member submitted the places they knew of, we'd
already be pretty close to a full list.

(At the UK Teslathon last year someone told me they had a big TC at
Canberra - I was in Australia the month before and could have visited
if only I'd known!)