VTTC first sound :-)

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

Hi fellow VTTC builders,

Today I audiomodulated of my system for the first time. I used a 20
W car amplifier/equalizer driven by a signal generator. A 12/230 V
mains transformer was connected between grid coil and grid leak
combination. No other modifications were necessary.

Connecting the scope across a 4-turn-pickup coil wound 3.5" below
the primary, I easily could adjust the amplitude of the signal
generator to a point, where the amplitude modulation was just 100
%. Deafening noise forced me to use ear protection. Sweeping the
modulation frequency I had to state, that the frequency response of
the mains xformer (like suspected) was dissapointing. So I'm
looking for an output tranny of a tube amplifier now.

Still a lot of work to do, but a lot of fun as well.

Regards,

Herwig