was: VTTC first sound Now: Safe Operating Procedures

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Herwig, ALL

Herwig, you have presented a very valuable piece of advice for all of us HV
experimenters to heed...

Whether it is called a "Preflight Procedure" or USA OSHA "Safe Work Practice"
document, having a procedure to follow to turn a system on, check interlocks
operate and then shut down equipment protects the operator from himself   :^)
but more importantly allows full checkout of operational readiness of a system
before the "ignition sequence" (NO PUN) commences.  Finding a loose wire,
a bad switch or a faulty interlock on a large system can easily save your life,
prevent a fire, or protect equipment from damage.  Thanks again for the
point...

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA