Re: Tube coil, level shifter madness

In a message dated 1/1/01 11:14:29 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Dave,

I tried both 0.97uF and almost double that, with no change.  I also
tried without the modulator which then gave results similar to the
3600V winding, without level shift.  I agree that I have to try adjusting
the modulator, or use the 555 based unit, which I've found in the
past works better with the level shift than the TTL.  This was just a
quick test I did.  I'm a strong advocate of the level shifted design.
The rapid pulse train with rests in between is a good idea and is
another thing I've wanted to try for a long time.  Many things to do.
I take my time lately, and it takes forever to finish a project.

Thanks,
John Freau