Re: Wire for Secoundary

Hi Tim,

	If this wire is to wind a Tesla coil secondary, you definitely do NOT want
bare wire!  What you want is insulated magnet wire like the kind used in
electric motors.  This wire has a very thin coating of enamel or plastic on
it so the turns will not short on each other.

I just get mine from the local electric motor repair shop where they can
order 10 lb. spools for me or sell me the leftovers they have.  However,
the prices do vary quite a bit and I think new wire runs about $6 per pound
on average.  However, if you really scrounge around, you can find it for
much less and maybe free.  But if you only need a pound, the price is
probably not a big factor.

Other's may know where the "hot" place to order magnet wire from is these days.

Cheers,

	Terry