Re: Australian Source of Resistors? [Duncan]

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Date: 02 January 2001 00:53
Subject: Re: Australian Source of Resistors? [Duncan]

Hi again Simon!

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Quantum-X-at-Qserve.8m-dot-com>

>Hi Duncan,
>That's just the help I needed! Thanks very much for that.

<snip>

>Neither of them come in 5K, but to reduce stress on other
sections, I
>should probably get the 6k [to render 18k] shouldn't I?

I'd go for the 11W ceramics - the exact same type I used, so
they're tested for real Tesla use!  It seems to me, since
they come in packs of five that you are committed to buying
ten anyway, so go for the 3k3 ones - number 206-1495.  You
can then use four in series in each leg, giving you 8 x 3k3
= 26k4 total and a power loss at 30mA of 24W - ideal!.
You'll have two spares in case of "accidents" and a total
rms dissipation of 80W should you need it, so if running 24W
they won't get very hot (well, hot enough to scorch your
fingers but not hot for ceramic resistors if you see what I
mean!)  The voltage across each resistor will also be less,
around 100V.

Hope you're up and running soon!

>Hope you have a prosperous and safe new year.
>Simon

The same to you! (And to all our readers :-)

Dunckx