Re: MOT power supply

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Hhchicken1-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Chris,
If you have the microwaves and not just the MOTs, I really recommend using
the simple voltage doubler circuit I mentioned.  All the required components
are in the microwaves, and it will definitely improve performance by stopping
power-arcs from taking place at the main spark gap.  I tried my coil with
just two MOTs and no doubler, and it ran OK for about 5 seconds before the
gap power-arced and the streamers dropped to less than an inch long.  I've
sent a copy of the schematic to terry-at-hot-streamer-dot-com so it should be posted
at:
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/mot.bmp

- Henry