Re: RadioShack

Original poster: "Tim by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <warpath-at-wtp-dot-net>

Thanks Ted, I called the local RS here in Billings, MT and they didn't seem
to care to want to try and help me
in locating material for building the TC.They told me I should go to an
electronics supply house. I
specifically asked for a variac and was told they didn't carry them. I have
taken Terry's advice and gone to
DIGIKEY for the perf board($17.00) and I am going to ask Terry if he can
supply the caps. I am still looking
for a variac if you know where I might find one(preferably one that cost
less than 1 leg and 2 arms).I am also
trying to find the 28awg magnet wire for the secoundary. As a matter of
fact, I am looking for everything(
static spark gap material, high voltage wire, connectors,etc). So far,
Digikey seems to carry most of the
electrical stuff.  I appreciate all the help I can get though . All this is
slowly starting to make sense and
the more it makes sense the more excited I get to build it. I can see
already that it is going to cost( I'll be
begging to my wife alot) a good chunk of money. So, I definitely want to do
it right the first time. Later, Tim

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>