Re: Primary and Secondary winding direction

In a message dated 1/3/01 9:43:27 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I have read on the web that the primary and the secondary *must* be wound in
>  the same direction.

Alan,

The coil will work either way.  But for very closely coupled systems
such as magnifiers, I've heard it said that it's better to wind in the
same direction.

John Freau