Re: 1961 Electronic Experimenter's Handbook

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Hi Vladi and All!

-----Original Message-----
From: vladimiro mazzilli <mazvla-at-iol.it>
To: dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>
Date: 03 January 2001 09:36
Subject: 1961 Electronic Experimenter's Handbook

>Hi Duncan I've downloaded the pictures of  Experimenters
handbook and
>they are very interesting for a actually school student
application, but
>they are very difficult to read expecially on the left
side.
>Can you send to me a copy  of all pages with a increased
dpi scanning?

>Thank
>
>Vladi

I wasn't too happy with the quality of some of the scans but
figured:
a) Doing it right would take a while and
b) Doing it right would occupy bbbbbbbbbbbandwidth (is that
a George Thorogood track? ;-)
c) You could read all the important bits.

I was wrong on counts b and c.

I have rescanned the offending bits.  It has taken three
hours for four pages and cost me the evening's coil winding
with my nice new green wire, all 2000 turns by hand; my but
I was looking forward to that!  Ah, the sacrifices I make
for the hobby ;-)  It was the last page with its halftone
illustrations on shaded backgrounds which was the real
killer.  An utter stinker.  I don't even want to know how
many times I had to redo to get *that* one looking OK.

The new zipfile is still only 208k as opposed to 185k, and
now you *can* read all the important bits  8^D  so I think
the effort was worth it.  You can scarcely notice the
shading on the illustrations on the final page!  Triumph!

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/1961b.zip

Terry, please delete 1961 from the temp archive.  Thanks.
The replacement is 1961b.zip

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Vladi, you can now download
the new version.  Shout if you don't like it. (You'll have
to shout to drown the screams.)

Dunckx