Re: Optimum performance: Coil specs.

Hi Simon,

With either toroid your coil will run around 210kHz which is fine.  You
could go for either a 5.3 or 10nF cap but the value is not super critical.

With 6.3nF you will tap near turn 12.4
With 5.3nF tap is at 13.4
With 10nF tap is at 9.8
Thus, your primary is great.

Coupling with 12 turns is about 0.10 which may be a little low.  You may
consider making the center diameter of the primary like 10 inches but
probably not a big deal.

you should have good safety gaps across the transformer and may have to
reduce the number of gaps used on your static gap so the safety gaps do not
fire all the time which is normal.  Never increase the safety gap setting
to try and stop them from firing (they will, but permanently :-O)

So it all looks pretty good to me.

Cheers,

	Terry