Re: Winding Secondary

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

<Irrelative-at-aol-dot-com>

> I finally got some magnetic wire, but I need to create some sort of jig to
> wind my secondary.  I'm planning on having a hand cranking version to
> simplify (a friend will help me).  Does anyone have any tips or easier ideas
> before I get started (I'd really to save time and do it only once)?  I'm
> kinda curious as to how other people have attached a jig to the actual
> secondary form (in my case, PVC pipe) and managed to remove it without
> destroying their secondary.  Currently, I'm planning on attaching a wooden
> pole down the middle by hot-glueing a wood support onto the end and then
> cranking that, and when done, sawing off the ends.  Any tips will be
> appreciated.
>                                                 Justin

	Skip the glueing and just turn a couple of end caps which fit the tube
snugly.  They will be of use after you are through, for mounting the
upper terminal at one and mounting the coil at the other.  If you are
going to wind a number of coils use cones instead, as they will fit
different diameters without any additional work.

Ed