RE: Transformers

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Tim:
We make the presumption that if you take two identical NSTs and place them
do the AC IN terminals are facing the same way, that the HV terminals will
be also the same. But maybe not. If just one of the NSTs has leads that are
not exactly the same (start and finish of the winding internally) but you
assume they are, then when you parallel the two, the NSTs will be out of
phase. At that point, swap the leads of just one. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
One picture is worth...but no pictures allowed here  ;(

At least if you guess wrong, no damage is done  : )

I plan to color code all my HV leads when I assemble my bank of NSTs. Again,
it's a safety configuration approach. As you well know, in electronics,
sometimes when you go OOPS you don't get a second chance.

BTW, Terry confirmed that one MOV array has enough room to spare to handle
up to 180ma. I thought I was going to have to spend $50 x 3 at Digikey.

Safety First

Ted

Subject: Re: Transformers

Original poster: "Tim by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<warpath-at-wtp-dot-net>

Thanks Ted, I am wondering what do you mean by " reverse just one lead". I
understand parallel to mean that
positive goes to positive and negative goes to negative but the HV leads on
the transformer are unmarked(no
positive or negative). Do you mean that I would take the leads of one
transformer and just switch them?  Tim