"Integratron"

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Coilers,

I just finished watching a program on The Discovery Channel called
Beyond Bizarre which included a segment on a structure built out
in the Amercan south-west in the 1950's.

The structure was called the "Integratron" by its builder, a man by
the name of George Van Castel (sic), who had been a test pilot for
Hughes Aircraft.

>From the outside it resembled an observatory telescope building.
Several shots taken of the inside showed windings much like the
ones at Tesla's Colorado lab, a series of concentric rings on
the ceiling, and sparks discharging from a ball shaped terminal.

My immediate thought was that it was a Tesla coil of rather large
size and unusual construction.  Has anyone on the list heard of
this device?  Did anyone else see the program?  Apparently it is
open to the public.

I wish I had been more observant when the clip started so I'd
have remembered where in the south-west it is located, but it
may have been Arizona or California.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca