Re: Chaotic Resonance(Solid State Coilers)

Hi James,

Of course, "I" have a little problem with circuits that output more energy
than they use. :-))

I think you need to add some more losses to the model.  Real transformer
windings have resistance that needs to be added in.  Capacitors also have
losses but probably not too significant here.  There are skin effects and
other things, but I think if you just calculate the widing resistances of
the inductors and add thm in series to the model that will make the model's
results far more accurate.  My own Tesla coil models would fail if I didn't
put in the small resistances due the the programs gradual errors that would
build up when trying to simulate "lossless" things.  These programs do a
pretty good job with stability, but a complex circuit like yours without
any loss added may cause the simulator to work incorrectly.  MicroSim
usually will give errors warning of this but you have to be careful.  My
diagram below shows how I added lossed to my TC simulation circuit.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/SmallCoil/SmallCoilSCH.gif

Cheers,

	Terry