Re: magnet wire

Original poster: "kevin wilson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <thebiggiantkevin-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I recently acquired my first roll of magnet wire. A couple things that might
be helpful, magnet wire is sold by the pound, not the foot. The shops
usually buy magnet wire in a very large spool called a bucket and wind off
what they need. Most places I called told me to bring my own spool and one
guy wanted to charge me half an hours labor to wind the wire onto a spool. I
eventually found a shop that gave me 2lbs of 22 AWG (1000ft) for $10.