RE: twin coil system

Original poster: "Oxandale, Terry by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Toxandale-at-SPP-dot-org>

To Bill and all,

In regards to the wonderful text about your twin model 12, I am puzzled
about why one coil performed so differently than the other half with a
given primary frequency. I read where the immediate surrounding of one
of the the coils (switchgear, conduit, etc) made a difference, but I
guess I am wondering how this required primary tap changes even though
the secondary resonant frequency is fixed. I was under the impression
that the tap points on the two individual coils was not too important as
long as the sum of the two primary inductances was set to the correctly
tuned inductance (i.e the off axis inductance issue). Could you please
expand on this.

Terry