RE: Chaotic Resonance(Solid State Coilers)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <elgersmad-at-fnworld-dot-com>

Initially, I used Electronics Workbench 3.0 which used the di/dt time
constants for self inductance with tranformers.  Electronics Workbench
5.0 will not produce the same signal results in the simulations as 3.0,
and 3.0 has the same output signal, voltage, and current as the
breadboarded circuit.  Electronics Workbench 5.0 uses the absolute
winding ratio to speed up the simulation, and therefore is no longer
accurate as was 3.0.

James.

James:

	I have looked at your web page and EWB simulations and find nothing to
suggest any real POWER gain.  However, there isn't enough information
repeat your simulation.  Can you send us the EWB source files
(preferable), or else list ALL! parameters used - Generator frequency &
voltage, ammeter resistance, transformer models - so we can run the
simulation ourselves?  The first circuit you show does indeed have more
current flowing in the LC circuit than in the input, but the only power
dissipations will be in the series resistance of the ammeter and the
input impedance of the scope.  IF the generator is tuned to the exact
resonant frequency of the circuit AND the ammeter resistance is zero
AND
the scope has infinite input impedance, the input current to your
circuit should be zero and the current flowing through the ammeter
would
be infinite!  AND, since the power flowing in the circuit is purely
reactivee, no REAL power flow at all!  As soon as anything was
introduced to cause REAL (heat-generating) power to flow, the input
current will go up and the circulating current will go down and the LAW
of conservation of energy will govern.....

Please explain more.

Ed

This Message was Powered by Xcel Communications
Sign up for your FREE EMAIL account today at http://www.mailroom-dot-com
Give your FAX machine an email address http://www.faxroom-dot-com