Re: Making Tesla Managable

Original poster: "Michael McCarty by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kb8yhv-at-amsat-dot-org>

Another way to manage your mailbox is to check to see if your mail
reader has some sort of "Inbox Assistant"  or "Message Rules" utility.
I use MS Outlook at work and MS Outlook Express at home and
either program can sort mail automatically.  I subscribe to 15
lists and probably receive 100 messages a day.

Under Outlook Express I create a folder for each list with that list's
name.  I then specify "message rules" such as: "if the TO: line contains
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com them move to folder TESLA".  As the mail
comes in it's all automatically sorted and the only thing left in the
inbox are a few personal messages and some junk mail, I then read
the lists at my leisure.  Since everything is nicely sorted I don't delete
anything either and have message archives for some lists dating back
several years that are easily searchable using the Find Message utility
in Outlook Express.

-Mac