Re: better sync motor mods?

In a message dated 1/9/01 9:14:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> John, all
>
>  Very interesting observation, I have often been dreaming that it _might_
>  be better in some way, to make a narrow and deep slot along the rotor,
>  rather than the usual flat.  The reason that I have not tried it yet is
>  the one you mention: the risk of completely disrupting the current bars
>  in the rotor.

Finn,

If you do cut through some current bars, I don't think it will ruin
the motor.  Rather it will simply make the groove apear electrically
as a wider groove than it is because of the angle of the bars.  But
the motor should still work fine.  It would just affect the torque, etc,
but to a minor degree.

>  John, could you take a picture of that motor rotor, it would be
>  interesting to see the proportions of the whole thing.

I don't know if and when I can get to that.... we'll see.

John Freau