Re: Ryan's Coil = DOA :(

Original poster: "Albert Hassick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi All.  But did not Tesla and old time coilers always say that we should
use the thinnest wall possible in our secondaries?  Seems that Richard
Quick also recommended using the thinnest wall form possible.  And Tesla
got great results with skeleton frame wound secondary coils. (check out
his big secondary at Colorado Springs).  Maybe we should not rely so much
on these new plastics and give skeleton forms a try?  Wood&Paper worked
for Tesla and they work well for me.  The more things change, the more
they stay the same!    AL.

On Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:06:10 -0700 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>
>
> Hi Bill, Matt, & All,
>
> Original poster: "Bill Parn by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <
> parn-at-starpower-dot-net>
>
> > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
> <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>
> >
> > Hi all and ryan, could it be possible that the seconday burned
> because its
> > 1in thick?Wouldnt an inch cause the rf energy to be absorbed more
> in the
> > secondary? I thought thinner was better because it absorbs less rf
>
> > energy. Please correct me if im wrong cuz this has been eating me
> up.
> >
> > matt
> >

> >I would be curious on this too, as I have some 14" OD
> (guesstimating)
> natural gas >pipe.It is approximately one inch thick.  I thought it
> would be
> good because
> >surely the gas company would not use conductive pipe, however I am
> not
> certain on >this. Maybe it is better to use slightly conductive pipe
> so that
> a potential static >charge does not build up.
>
> >BP
>

> Some Gas Distribution companies have used a special plastic pipe
> with a
> metallic thread or thin wire embedded in the pipe to aid in locating
> the
> buried lines, because normal plastic pipe IS non-conductive. You
> might want
> to check with the source of your pipe if possible. Otherwise the
> burn pattern
> could be interesting.
>
> Matt D.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!