Re: Formless secondaries Was: RE: Ryan's Coil = DOA :(

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi All, Garry,

I don't think internal arcs are a problem. Think of sonotube coils. That
cardboard isn't better than a thick coat. Whichever poly/resin/etc.. is used,
it would certainly be better than a lossy cardboard form. As a matter of fact,
the sonotube might be kind of "ideal" to use considering the waxed outer
surface. Once the form is removed, the coil should go through another cycle of
inner coats. One of the best methods posted on this list about a year ago was
to use a large pan filled with the coating. The coil is then set up to spin
through this coating. As it spins, it builds a very heavy and smooth coating. I
think a formless secondary would be "ideal".

Just my 2 pennies,
Bart