Re: Ryan's Coil = DOA :(

In a message dated 1/11/01 10:55:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Hi John
>
>  What technic do you use to prevent the wire from moving on a polyethylene
> form.
>
>  Tesla list wrote:

Luc,

In some cases, I used no coating at all after winding the coil, but
evenually the wires loosen and the turns slip.  So I now apply 2
coats of a water based polyurethance over the coil after winding.
During winding, the wire stays in place OK.

John Freau