Re: Chaotic Resonance(Solid State Coilers)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <elgersmad-at-fnworld-dot-com>

That is why I have been pointing out resistive loads as useful, and
left out reactive components, and equipment.  Basically, the heat could
be used by thermo-couples to generate electricity, or converted to
light, where the light bulb, or balast is acting as a stable resistive
load at it's operating resistance which is a result of the operating
temperature.  For example an element in a 100 watt light bulb starts at
nearly 0 ohms but, when it's heated up to it's operating temperature,
it equals 100 ohms, and draws one ampere at one hundred volts.
Florescent bulbs are more ideal for that purpose, and more effecient at
converting electrical energy to light.  Solar cells on the other hand
produce lower voltages, and lower currents, and must be rated in a
darkroom in respect to the number of lumens presented by a bulb of
choice.  The reason I presented it here is that air is a very stable
load under most instances, and the circuit could be utilized to produce
a more energetic light show from a standard Tesla coil if used as a
driver, and if proper impedance matching it worked out in the math
before turning it on.  There is nothing preventing anyone from using
the air around us as a light source, or treating it that way in the
math.  Most tesla coils are just that, and a nice display is worth the
effort for some, others choose to understand more.

James.

-- Original Message As Follows --