crazy(?) NST variable voltage control idea

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

I have a clean depotted 15/60 NST.  The core consists of two E shaped
halves.  I had the following idea, but don't know enough to tell if it
would actually work.

Suppose I fix the secondaries onto the E shaped halves where they belong
(followed by the shunts), and then build something that would allow the
two halves to be slid together or apart around the primary.  Would this
allow control of the output voltage?

	- Bill Vanyo