Re: better sync motor mods? a formula...

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <broker-at-uwplatt.edu>

> as far as cutting the rotors a formula was derived for simplicity
>
> a 38 degree arc ( for non dead pole windings) is suggested
>
> a 40 degree arc for true dead pole windings
>
> the 38 degree arc formula is...
> this will determine the WIDTH of the cut made upon the rotor
>
> 2 X (sqrt(R^2 - (R X .9455)^2))
> (( the .9455 = the cosine of 1/2 of the arc angle))
>
> the 40 degree is ...
>
> 2 X (sqrt(R^2 - (R X .9397)^2))
>
> for a 38 degree cut...

Was a formula given for 2 and 6 pole motors?  I have a 6 pole motor that
I'd like to do right the
first time (without using the "guestimate and check" method I used on my
previous sync motor).

Thanks,

Mark B.