Re: primary in secondary

Original poster: "James T by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jamest2000-at-att-dot-net>

Hi Mike,

> Has anyone ever attempted putting the primary coil INSIDE the secondary?

 I have, after seeing the electrum. I used an 8" secondary and a primary
wound on 6" PVC. I't is not a
completed project, I have some photos in the camera, to be developed soon.
The coupling is very tight.
With 5" of windings ont the primary, the top was about 2" above the bottom
turns of the secondary. I
used a cut up 5 gallon poly bucket as a liner to prevent arc over. It
worked perfectly normal. Decent
streamers. I didn't want to push it until it's done.
 The coil looks really cool, kind of art deco, but is not to easy to work
with. I'm using a tuning
inductor to adjust the primary. Fun project.

Regards,
 James T