Tracking inside secondary former

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Clearspring1-at-aol-dot-com>

All,

I have not yet wound my secondary coil and would naturally prefer not to
learn about carbon tracking the hard way.  I have three questions:

First, I would appreciate as complete an explanation as may be offered
concerning the electrical dynamics that cause carbon tracking inside the
former -- what are the conditions and the forces at play that cause this?

Second, how is it that sealing disks thwart this tracking, and are two (one
close to each end of the former) always enough -- or is this a case of "more
is better"?

Finally, do you foresee possible tracking problems in a case where each end
of the secondary coil wire enters inside the former, but that entry point is
outside the sealing disks and additionally the sealing disks are outward from
the point where the winding stops?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Michael Tandy