Re: Secondary capacitance

Original poster: "Charles Hobson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <charles.a.hobson-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

Hi All,

Back in November I wrote (in a thread about Medhurst C and
Terry's E-Tesla6 program):

> It seems almost traditional in the tesla community for confusion
> to arise concerning coil self-capacitance, often due to that
> detestably undefined term 'Cself', which by itself is pretty
> meaningless. I'll endeavour to type up some notes which will
> spell out the full monty on this subject.

This is now available at

 http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn2511.html

in PostScript and PDF. Comments and questions welcome.

Cheers,
--
Paul Nicholson,
Manchester, UK.

Hello Paul,

I just downloaded and printed your 21 page document on "SECONDARY BASICS".
A little heavy for this time of night (10:00 PM) so  I will wait until
tomorrow to give it a read. (My brain wakes up about 9 AM and goes back on
holiday about 2 PM) every day. Looks like enough in it to keep me out of
mischief for several days. I did a crude set of measurements on my TC to
determine self capacitance. Perhaps you can comment on them. It is in my web
site

www.charles.a.hobson.btinternet.co.uk/MEASUREMENTS.htm

Thanks again   Chuck/Wimborne