RE: Grounding

Original poster: "Oxandale, Terry by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Toxandale-at-SPP-dot-org>

I had severe arcing from the primary winding to the secondary winding
whenever I left the ground wire off of the coil, BUT, if the ground wire
was connected to the coil, but not connected to the ground rod outside
(about 30 feet of wire over the garage floor) the coil operated as if
the ground was completed to the rod outside.

(un)Terry