3rd light- Help!

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <quantumx-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hi again all.
I'm halfway through my 3rd light tests, and I'm having no luck, at all.
Here's the synopsys.

The NST+Protection, safety and SSPG are working great. I rebuilt my SSPG,
and have got it running on 6 gaps at the moment, sounding great.

However, I get NO topload breakouts. Even if I put the wire to the topload 2
inches from an earthed rod, nothing. I've checked all of the connections,
the secondary is connected fine, Everything else is too.

there was one 'suspect' cap [it arc to the ground [eg, terran, ground]. I
can rule this out, because the bleeder hasn't fried, which it would do if
the cap died. the MMC is 2x15 .0047uf caps.

the NST hots, now I have a 2 MMR's of 4x11W 3k resistors. But that shouldn't
affect it, the 'bottom' part of the coil works fine.

>>>The only other thing is coupling. I had a great distance b/w prim and
secondary the first time I ran the coil, and got 1 1/2 ' sparks. On the
advice of Terry and others, I rewound the primary, so the distance was more
like 8-10".

Well, I'm at a loss. Any help would be appriciated.
What's even more strange is that I know the damn thing works.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Desperate and suicidle,
Simon

[I'm not really suicidle, but I guess I must be a little if I'm building one
of these damn things! :)]