Re: low vs high frequency tesla coils?

Original poster: "joseph gallo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <juzeppy-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi Ralph, Dunckx
I got the idea to put the two 3kv 20mil amp transformers in series from the
poptronics july article where they use four 4kv 30mA transformers to get 8kv
at 60mA.for a tesla coil.
I am using open core France transformers with a plastic nameplate that
snapps off and has a date stamped on it.  I tried them in series with
alligator clips. there was no corona that I could see on the windings.
Fortunately I have not seen a transformer fail. What do I have to look out
for. I don't want to fry my trannys but it is tempting to get the higer
voltage.   Could I place them in mineral oil to better insulate the
windings?
joseph