Re: Tracking inside secondary former

In a message dated 1/17/01 8:15:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> This leaves me wondering why David had such success with his Sonotube
>  baffles which were a "snug" fit in the secondary former, but were not
sealed

>  to the former.  Perhaps a significant volume of air is required for this
>  interface phenomenon to take place?
>
>  Thanks all!
>
>  Michael Tandy

Michael, David,

Did David compare the coil's performance with no baffles at
all?  Maybe his coil doesn't really need them.  Many coilers
don't use them.  I run my coils open at top and bottom, you
can look right through them, and I never got any flashovers,
or carbon tracking inside.

John