Re: More destroyed NST's How do I remove stubborn tar?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Hi:

Just an idea: I managed to unpot electronic circuits with relative ease
using steam. I set up a laboratory glass bottle with water connected
to a rubber tube over an alcohol flame, obtaining a hot steam jet.
I would then alternate between heating the material with the steam and
taking chunks of it with several tools. Relatively straightforward
(not counting some burns and a serious cut in a finger...).
I would not try to unpot an NST in any circunstance, by this method or
by any or the other described, but someone may want to try.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz