Re: low vs high frequency tesla coils?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Joseph,
Gary Lau knows much more about transformers than I. He may be right about
series connecting the lower voltage transformers. I know that from the golden
age of vacuum
tubes, a filament transformer used to lite up the rectifier filaments was
floating above the
HV DC and it was not healthy to exceed the insulation rating of the
transformer. Someplace I have a 12 V / 30 A filament transformer with a 10 KV
insulation.
 I would not series connect transformers in the KV range.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman