Re: Average, RMS and Power Factor made easy!

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Terry
The 0.7071 factor for pk to rms value is ONLY VALID for sinusoidal periodic
waveforms.  Square waves are a different fish to fry...

I'll look in my Yokogawa references and see what the rms equations are for
a periodic square wave...  I believe the HP meter over the Tek any day of the
week in this case.

Regards

Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA