Re: getting three phase power

Original poster: "Eric Davidson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <edavidson-at-icva.gov>

Hi All,

Can anyone give me ONE good reason why you would need/want to power a Tesla
coil with 3-phase?? All this talk of trying to get 3 phase service to your
home, telling the power company you have a 10 hp motor you need to power...
stuff like that...gimme a break....a Tesla coil is a decidedly SINGLE phase
device.   You may argue that creating the DC for a VTTC might be a little
better using 3 phase, but even that would hardly justify the $THOUSANDS$ of
dollars needed to bring 3 phase service to the average home.  IMHO we should
let the 3 phase discussion thread die on the vine, there is ample fodder for
discussion in tweaking, optimizing and theorizing about our single phase
coils.  Coil safe

Eric
edavidson-at-icva.gov