RE: Unpotting techniques... and clean up of tar.

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Garry-at-NDFC-dot-com>

Mike Novak>	I spent 2 hours doing this step on the core of one of my
NSTs, because I
didn't have a aquarium pump at the time.

Yep, an aquarium pump sounds like a great idea. I was thinking of maybe
attaching a shaver or vibrator to the side of the container. Probably would
obviate the need to use a brush. Just let it vibrate for a few days might do
what takes two weeks. Might be worth a try.

One thing I have found that is great for cleaning up tar from lamenation and
other non porous surfaces is butter or margerine. A quarter of a table spoon
on the hands and rub it over the tar on your hands disolves the tar far
better than the best hand soap you find at the gas stations without the
irritating fragrances and chemicals for those with allergies. A small dab on
a cloth will also clean up the last dabs of tar off of a lamenation pretty
good too and at a less than two dollars a pound for cheap margerine, its way
cheaper.